Individual Flatbread Pizzas
This is a wonderful recipe that was given to us by our friend and cousin, Judi. She stayed in her RV while visiting us last summer and fall. Once a week she would cook dinner for us and this was another one of our favorites. Alexis, who never ate pizza before, loved this and enjoyed putting her own together. We doubled it for the four of us and made it with whatever veggies we had in the house. We prefer it with the fresh herbs, but in a pinch, dried is OK.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 1 pkg cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 oz sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 4 large scallions chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 T fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 package flatbread or Naan
- ½ lb fresh mozzarella
- 1 sm can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 sm package sliced turkey pepperoni
Prep the tomatoes, mushrooms and scallions as noted above and toss them in a baking pan with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste (we usually skip the salt) and bake for 30 minutes.
While the veggies are cooking line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place the flatbread on the lined baking sheet. When the veggies are done cooking, add the basil and oregano; toss to mix well. Spoon veggie mixture on top of flatbread, add mozzarella cheese (cut into small pieces), black olives and pepperoni slices.
Bake 5-8 minutes until the cheese has melted and the flat bread is warmed through. Heat longer if you prefer a crunchy crust. Cool slightly before slicing. There usually aren't any leftovers! Enjoy!
Our cousin, Judi, was here last summer/fall (with her 35' RV) and you may have met her if you were visiting us then. She introduced us to several new recipes from her travels as a full-time RVer and this is one of our favorites! It is easier if you buy pre-cooked shrimp, salad in a bag to chop and pre-shredded cheese. However you make them, we hope you will enjoy them as much as we do!
- 1-2 lbs medium uncooked, deveined shrimp (count on about 8-10 shrimp per person)
(we think it is 20-24 count, not the jumbo though)
- Corn or flour tortillaswe like the 6" or 8"
- Butter for sauteing shrimp
- Chopped tomatoes and lettuce
- Shredded cheese (we love VT Extra Sharp Cabot)
- Onion sauce (1/2 cup of mayo, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 or 2 Tbl minced onion)
- Condiments: salsa, sour cream and onion sauce
Peel and remove tails from shrimp. Heat small amount of butter and saute shrimp in it to cook through. While cooking shrimp, warm tortillas in oven and prep vegetables and condiments. We set this up 'buffet' style in our kitchen and then everyone makes their own. When shrimp is cooked, set out with other ingredients and start making your tacos: On a tortilla, spread a small amount of onion/garlic sauce, then place a row of shrimp. Layer with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and other condiments. Run to eat it and come back for more!