Breakfast served daily, year-round from 8:01 am to 9:33 am.
Our breakfast features hearty fare, prepared in our own kitchen with an emphasis on pure, tasty ingredients. Breads, pastries and coffee cakes are baked by Grandma Miller's; our hot cereals are whole grain; and the pancakes never saw a box. Many items are on the menu every day. Others vary from day to day depending on season and availability. We also have special offerings daily.
Our juice selections
- Or you may wish to select the fresh fruit of the day.
We select one of the following for each day's hot cereal
- Scotch Oatmeal - Stone Ground Flavorful Oats
- Lumberjack Mush - A mixture of cornmeal and cracked wheat
- Oat Groats - Whole grain oats
- Ten Grain - A hearty assortment of whole grains.
- Vermont Grits - All the goodness of whole yellow corn
- We recommend butter and maple syrup on all our hot cereals.
- Fresh Brewed Coffee or Fresh Brewed Decaffinated Coffee
- Red Rose Tea
- Selected Herbal and Decaffinated Teas
- Milk, Hot Chocolate
Omelets are prepared to order using Vermont eggs. Our standard omelet uses two eggs, but we can make them yolkless or not, as you desire. The Special Omelet of the Day is posted on the board, or you may create your own omelet or choose from our tried and true combos.
- Dijon - Cheddar Cheese with a mild Dijon mustard sauce
- Mexican - Ham, Cheese, Onion, Tomato and Green Pepper with the Salsa of your choosing from mild to outrageous
- BCT - Bacon, Cheese and Tomato
- Huevos con Jalapeneo - Cheese with very hot peppers
All toasts and breads are baked by Grandma Miller's using recipes developed by Betty or David Nunnikhoven.
- White - Just that with unbleached flour
- Wheat - A whole wheat slightly sweetened with honey
- Colonial House - An oatmeal bread
- Cinnamon Raisin - A sweetened Colonial House with raisins and cinnamon sugar swirls
- Dave's - An Anadama-type bread made with Lumberjack Mush
- Rye - A light rye, perfect for toasting
The Colonial House
Inn & Motel
287 Route 100
Weston, Vermont 05161
Phone: ( 802) 824-6286
Fax: (802) 824-3934