The motel rooms at the Colonial House are in attached wings off the main building. Each room has private bath, cable TV, free WI-FI and outside entrance. There are two comfortable chairs in each room, a writing desk and dresser and sufficient space for a rollaway if there is an extra person in the party. The rooms are all furnished in a comfortable country motif, offering an alternative to the cookie cutter style of a national chain. In addition, the porches which overlook the Green Mountains have Adirondack or lawn chairs for those pleasant Vermont afternoons.
We try our best to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. Our summers are mostly mild with cooler nights. However, we have a few hot days and we provide fans for your use. Both the guest living room and the dining room have air conditioning, but not the individual rooms. Please tell us if this is a concern for you.
We want the Colonial House Inn to be your favorite stop when traveling to Vermont. In order to make your stay as pleasant and stress-free as possible, Inn rooms 4 and 6 have air conditioning, along with Motel Rooms 8 and 9. We also have a portable a/c that can be added to other motel rooms upon request.
- Refrigerator/freezer: We have a refrigerator and freezer available for your use in our downstairs storage/sewing room.
- Microwave: We also have a microwave available for you to use anytime. If we are not serving a meal in the dining room, you may use one of the empty tables for your family.
- Kid friendly: There are a few toys tucked away in the Guest Living Room along with some children's books. There is a swing hanging from a birch tree, plenty of running-around space outside, and our dog who loves to chase a ball, too. So bring your kids and make yourself at home.
- Ski In/Ski Out: The meadow around the inn is big enough for children to learn how to cross country ski, snowshoe or rolling in the snow. We often make ski tracks which loop around the outside of the property for a great outing for those 4 and under (OK, for those over 4, too).
- Pets: We accept pets in our motel rooms for an additional $15 per night ($30 minimum). Bring the whole family and make it a real vacation!
- DVD: For our guests, we have a DVD player and many movies for you to enjoy in our guest living room. Or bring your portable DVD player and hook it up to the TV in your room.
- Adjoining Rooms: Motel rooms 1 and 2 connect by an inside door for easy access by families. Also, the deluxe motel rooms 8 and 9 also connect.
- Cookies: We provide cookies with coffee or tea in the afternoon in the sun room (lemonade or hot cider depending on the season).
We appreciate all our visitors who come back year after year. Send us a card to let us know what you liked or didn't like! Our address is on the top of all our web pages and please tell your friends about the Colonial House Inn!
The Colonial House
Inn & Motel
287 Route 100
Weston, Vermont 05161
Phone: ( 802) 824-6286
Fax: (802) 824-3934